Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority,"...1 Peter 2:13

What Does It Mean To Be Submissive In A Relationship



Queens, I thought I would take it there with this question. Does your attitude, demeanor, spirit, or your life style allow you to be submissive to your partner. Okay the juice is flowing now. I used the term partner but should that submissiveness only be gifted to that special man that has earned the title "Husband". Because whether you choose to believe it or not there is a difference in a partner and a "Husband". Okay back to the original question. Are you ready to be submissive to your partner/husband?

Oh Queens, let me initiate and instigate here. You independent, money making, house buying, jewelry wearing, Prada, Marc Jacob, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, YST, designer loving, I don't need any man, I can get it on my own sistahs, are you sure you can give the deserving man that comes into your life that honor of leader and head of the household? Queens you are stepping into a different rim of uncomfortability here when you relinquish your independence and your privilege and sense of entitlement because I earned it mentality.

I too have had the dubious and daunting responsibility of holding down a household, children, bills and a lifestyle that I have grown quite accustom to. I have called all the shots. I am the shot caller baller around here. I am the Mr and the Mrs. I have the sleepless nights of wondering how I could and would meet the mortgage again, which credit card should I pay , how little can I get away with putting down on an utility bill. Oh yes, my sistahs, I have been driving the 18 wheeler by myself for sometime. And the question, that I pose to myself, are you ready to be submissive, Tracey ReNissa. I say resoundingly, Hell yeah. My current position as head of household was not because of a controlling domineering spirit. It was dropped into my lap, I was forced into this role as a rapist forces his will onto his victim. Those words are strong but I say them with conviction and resentment. Resentment because the man that I was with did not allow me to be the submissive wife that God willed me to be.

Now I need to go to church here with you Queens. Before you can claim submissiveness, you need to know the origin, the purpose and the role that God has ordained for you as a wife. See here we go with partner vs. wife/husband. We need the gift of discernment to recognize a good man (Godly man). Reference 1 Peter 3: 1-6. "Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. 3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 5For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, 6like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear."

Queens, check yourself. Prepare yourselves, know yourselves and understand the origin and role that you have been destined and ordained for since you were a child. I believe the title of submissiveness will and does come naturally when we place ourselves in God's Holy order. Equally important Queens, we need to dress, walk, possess and embody the spirit of entitlement of submissiveness. A man recognizes a woman who is of God. I too fall short of showing and manifesting these virtuous qualities. I recently allowed my desires to please a man to compromise my standards and to dictate what I realize and know to be true and Godly. Needless to say that situation didn't last. Be true to you and believe me when you place God first and yourself second, there will be order and peace in your life.

Peace and Blessings,

Tracey ReNissa

Read 1 Peter 2: 13 and John 5:24

No comments:

Post a Comment